Tomorrow is my birthday! Yep, another year blessed. I will be turning 29 years old. To ring in the the last year of my 20s on a positive note, let’s go through the 29 reasons I feel old! Come on, it’ll be fun!
In no particular order….
- 4 children. Thankfully I have no gray hairs from them, yet.
- 2 degrees – totaling 23 years in a formal education institution.
- I legitimately love my minivan.
- I’m more excited about house decor and projects than the makeup I’m wearing. *
- Showers are a luxury.*
- Friday nights consist of laundry, children’s books, and baby snuggles.
- I have a retirement account that I contribute to each paycheck.
- I wish I could go to bed at 9 PM and take a nap daily.
- I enjoy watching the evening news.
- I do my own taxes (well and Caleb’s, we file joint).
- My vacation days at work are spent at my kids’ schools doing volunteer work or chaperoning field trips.
- When I shop, it’s new clothes for the kids. *
- I find dishes and folding laundry soothing.
- I enjoy cooking fancy meals (according to the kids).
- We use a paper checkbook.
- When we double date – it’s with a family. A family double date.
- We’ve started having “talks” with our big kids. Yikes. That one’s scary.
- We have more afternoon dates than we do at night.
- People come to me for advice on life, parenting, marriage, etc.
- I have more apps on my phone for our utility services than games.
- Speaking of apps, snapchat?! What. Yea. I thought I was young and cool. Pass. Let’s not even talk about Pokemon Go.
- Most of my friends are the Moms of my kids.
- We have a plan and budget for everything.
- My middle school and high school students use slang I’ve never heard of. They’re happy to teach it to me though.
- I cry at Disney movies.
- I know pretty much every in and out about health insurance and I’ve never worked a day in that field in my life.
- I cannot go to bed unless the house is tidied up and all the pillows fluffed. Maybe that’s not old. Maybe that’s just my Mom coming out in me 😉 love you Mom!
- I’ve been counting down the days till our driveway is resurfaced. Soo excited! (t-minus 5 days)
- I know my credit score off hand.
There you go – all 29 reasons why I’m feeling old.
I also could easily list 29 reasons why I don’t feel old enough to claim half of the responsibilities I do and some may seem like a negative to you – snapchat? Huh maybe one day. But I love my life and I’m proud of where I stand today. I wouldn’t change a thing. I’ve accomplished a lot in my “adulting” years and am looking forward to a quiet last year in my 20s! Bring on the celebrations 🙂
* Seriously though, I promise I’m not a slump.