Having a girl is extensively different than having a boy, especially when you actually have 3 boys. We knew we wanted to go all out girly for her bedroom. The majority of the house is pretty non feminine, which is partly my style but also because: boys.
Some of the remodel has been structural and beneficial to the whole house, while some is just because it’s fun.
We’re still in a lot of the structural phases. Wires, pipes, & HVAC have been heightened to get a taller ceiling height and replace the drop ceiling. Sheet rock has been put in, outlet boxes & wires added, so mudding and sanding is where we currently stand.
Caleb has finished almost all of the mudding coats and sanded where he is finished.
All that’s left is:
- Remove one section of old popcorn ceiling – mud, tape, sand
- Paint the entire ceiling
- Install outlets where all the boxes have been added
- Finish built-in book-case – install & paint
- Install & paint bead board
- Install closet organizer
- Install new light fixture
- Decorate [insert all the girly]
With so much time passed & so many posts lost, this remodel is very non technical but alas no worries the bathroom next door is on deck and you’ll get all the juicy how to!