As I sit rocking the baby while the rest of the family is still asleep, it gives me the best time to reminisce on the year now behind us.
As any year prior, the good came with the bad, but during all the celebrating and hopes of tomorrow the bad is often pushed wayside and I’m ok with that.
Obviously not one thing we did this year will top the arrival of baby, but there was so much else little along the way that reinforces how blessed we are.
Before I say goodbye, it was too much of a blur yesterday, I compiled a list today of all that I was thankful for this year. And no, there was no drinking by this mama on new years eve – time just went too fast like always.
- Another birthday for everyone in our family. Seriously, I could stop right here.
- Morning sickness subsided – after 16 weeks of all day sickness, that’s in a league of its own!
- Our first wedding anniversary spent away on a mini vacation. Yes, this will happen every year.
- A sister’s trip, complete with babies and 1 brother in law, to Kansas. Can’t say I’ll do that road trip again soon!
- The baby making his fast and furious arrival. Read more here!
- The busiest most exciting summer yet for the big kids. Complete with summer camps, acting in plays, summer school, vacation bible school, swimming lessons and goodness I could go on. “The summer in the car” according to the Mr.
- A family vacation at the lake. The first for the baby and much needed rest and relaxation for the rest of us.
- Another school year at my job that let’s me be home for my family.
- All the holidays with all our family
- A perfect New Years Eve complete with ice skating, inflatables, and amusement park rides, games, and sleeping children.
Like I said, so much to remember and put a smile on my face this past year. 2015 you were good to us, even the not so good was still good. But today is a New Year and it’s time to set my goals! These are in absolutely no order, but this is what I’ve come up with so far.
Goal 1: be more positive with the children & encourage their growth.
Goal 2: be more creative and allow time for the projects we have and want to have.
Goal 3: dates. More dates.
Goal 4: finish grad school. This. Must. Happen.
Goal 5: document life more. It all happens so fast.
Goal 6: find and stick to a prayer schedule.
Before I’m summoned for breakfast and diaper changes, just one more thing.
Happy birthday to my loving selfless husband who is my greater half. You are my favorite part of any New Year and I love that we walk this road together hand in hand ♡ love you babe.
Here’s to you and yours this New Year!