It’s Monday! The start of a short week for work, school, and a little extra time for house projects and family time ♥ If you’re looking for a new recipe to try out this week, this is it – I promise!
I’d like to take full credit for my favorite dish ever, but I can’t. Buafflo Chicken Pasta actually started as a leftover concoction by my Mom many years ago and it was instantly my favorite! Though the recipe has evolved as I’ve made it over the years, the premise is the same and mighty delicious either way!
Being dairy free for just under a year with Harv, this absolutely did not past the test. So when the boys and I visited Caleb at work a while back, I knew exactly what I was making: buffalo chicken pasta! It’s quick, easy, kid friendly, and transportable (important when it’s a twenty+ minute drive).
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 lean Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 or so cup of Bleu Cheese salad dressing
- 3-4 oz of Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup of Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Franks Hot Sauce
Disclaimer: This is an easy go to recipe, because we usually have the majority of the ingredients in the house. Usually being the key word. Any variation is noted in the instructions.
- Clean and cook the chicken. I’ve used both cubed and shredded chicken. Both are delicious! I use a little EVOO and cook the chicken first, then move on to the sauce.
- As the chicken cooks, get the butter melting in another pan.
- Once melted, add the Bleu Cheese dressing, cream cheese, and milk. I’ve used whatever milk we have on hand and as long as it is NOT a flavored milk, it’s all tasted pretty much the same. Whole tastes the best, but has the most calories. Can’t win them all. Let simmer. Salt and pepper to taste. Less is more as you’ll add the hot sauce later.
- As the chicken cooks and sauce simmers, I start to boil water for noodles. Typically I use shells as they tend to absorb the sauce best; however, this time around all I had was elbow, so elbow it was.
- Once the sauce has thickened and all is mixed in well, I take out some sauce on the side to mix with chicken shortly, as Jack and Harvey are not into the spicy sauce. This is the kid friendly version! Similar to a more flavorful Alfredo.
- Add the Frank’s hot sauce to taste. Few things to note, keep stirring as it separates and gets really hot; a mild flavor turns your white sauce to an pale orange (the pic doesn’t quite do justice); add a little at a time until desired flavor, a little goes a long way here.
- Add in the remaining chicken and stir.
- Pour over noodles.
Dump into tupperware to bring to Caleb’s work.Serve in a beautiful blogger & Pinterest approved bowl! Enjoy!
This really is the easiest and most delicious buffalo chicken pasta recipe! I hope you enjoy it! Can’t wait to hear when you make it!